Monday, February 4, 2013

cozy up with a warm scarf and a hot tea

Winters in western Pennsylvania are cold and I hate being cold.  But I do love sipping a hot cup of tea (or coco if its been a rough morning) while watching the snow fall silently out my window.  Its even better if my babies are both napping :) 

Earlier this winter I created these adorable tea cozies.  Of course I fell in love with them so I had to make one for myself.  They are perfect for keeping drinks hot and hands from getting burnt. 

 
 
 
I recently had a go at making some homemade biscotti to go with my tea.  It was surprisingly simple and so yummy.  I will be making another batch soon!  I used this recipe from Martha Stewart.
 
Another one of my favorite cold weather necessities is this soft and cozy knit cowl neck scarf! 
my beautiful friend Carly agreed to model for me
 
 
But if you are a little more trendy you might prefer my newest creation, an infinity scarf. 
 
 
the scarf can be worn long...

or doubled up
 
 I made this beautiful scarf last weekend using Lion Brand Tweed Stripes Yarn in "marble." I fell in love with this yarn instantly.  Make your own scarf by following this pattern from Fiber Flux...Adventures in Stitching's blog.  Don't have the time to make your own or don't know how to crochet?  Email gould.threads@yahoo.com to place a custom order!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment